Movie: Mortal Engines
Based On: The book ‘Mortal Engines’ by Philip Reeve published in 2001 by Scholastic
Director: Christian Rivers
Music: Junkie XL
Producers: Zane Weiner, Amanda Walker, Deborah Forte, Fran Walsh, Peter Jackson
Cinematography: Simon Raby
Production Companies: Media Rights Capital (MRC), Universal Pictures
Distributed By: Universal Pictures
Screenplay: Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Peter Jackson
Budget: $100 million
Please note that we’re only promoting the movie and do not intend any copyrights. All the rights are with ‘Universal Pictures’. You can watch the official trailer of the movie Mortal Engines here:
Release Date: December 14, 2018 (US)
Country: United States, New Zealand
Mortal Engines is an upcoming post-apocalyptic adventure film. Thousands of years after civilization was destroyed by a cataclysmic event, humankind has adapted and a new way of living has evolved. Gigantic moving cities now roam the Earth, ruthlessly preying upon smaller traction towns. Tom Natsworthy (Robert Sheehan), a low-class apprentice historian of the great traction city of London, finds himself fighting for his own survival after he encounters the dangerous fugitive Hester Shaw (Hera Hilmar).
Tom who has only ever lived inside his traveling hometown, and his feet have never touched grass, mud or land. His first taste of the outside comes quite abruptly as he gets in the way of the masked Hester’s attempt to kill Thaddeus Valentine (Hugo Weaving), a powerful man she blames for her mother’s murder, and both Hester and Tom end up thrown out of the moving traction city. Two opposites, whose paths should never have crossed, forge an unlikely alliance that is destined to change the course of the future.
Details of few characters in the movie:
• Thaddeus Valentine, Head of the Guild of Historians and the father of Katherine Valentine.
• Anna Fang, a pilot and leader of the Anti-Traction League, a resistance group banding against the moving cities devouring Earth’s resources.
• Bevis Pod, an apprentice engineer whom Katherine befriends.
• Katherine Valentine, daughter of Thaddeus Valentine and one of London’s elite.
• Magnus Crome, the Mayor of London.
• Shrike, the last of an undead battalion of soldiers known as Stalkers, who were war casualties reanimated with machine parts. He raised Hester and now works for Crome.
• Hugo Weaving as Thaddeus Valentine
• Hera Hilmar as Hester Shaw
• Robert Sheehan as Tom Natsworthy
• Jihae as Anna Fang
• Ronan Raftery as Bevis Pod
• Leila George as Katherine Valentine
• Patrick Malahide as Magnus Crome
• Stephen Lang as Shrike
Popular names associated with the film:
• Directed by Oscar winning visual-effects artist Christian Rivers (King Kong)
• Three-time Academy Award winning filmmakers Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, for the movies ‘The Hobbit’ and ‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogies.
• Producers Zane Weiner (The Hobbit trilogy), Amanda Walker (The Hobbit trilogy), Deborah Forte (Goosebumps), and Ken Kamins (The Hobbit trilogy) joins Boyens as executive producer.
You may read about the movie and its updates here!
*** Hope you enjoyed the trailer, and don’t forget to like and share this post! Enjoy the other latest trailers in the ‘Trailers & Teasers‘ category. 🙂 ***